News and Letters

Sycamore Class Message – 15.05.20

Posted on 15th May 2020 • By Admin • Categories: Whole School

Helloooo Sycamore class!

We hope you and your families are all ok and staying safe. We miss hearing your little big voices in and around school. I wonder if you miss ours? Probably not, although it may be a change from the voices you hear every day in your house. We certainly miss yours and your company/laughter every day.

You will be happy to know my (Miss Haines) wish has come true! Well slightly. I am currently looking after a dog (Molly), she is a black Labrador and is adorable. She is about 10 years old and loves to chill in the garden and on her new bed I brought her. Jak has been working so much so I was feeling a little lonely before having her. She is keeping me company and follows me everywhere. I have even been teaching her a few things. I am going to attempt a YouTube video to show you all so keep your eyes peeled!

I know a lot of you will be feeling a mixture of emotions at the moment and it’s ok to feel like that. Some of you I know will be anxious about middle schools and miss seeing your friends. I wanted to let you know I have spoken to the middle schools you are attending and have spoken to the teachers about you all. They seem lovely and they are very excited and looking forward to meeting you! I know some of the middle schools have started adding information to their websites you new year 5s too so have a look.

Mrs Smith has been busy making things. She has made new pencil pots for St George’s from tin cans and even begun making masks to protect people against the virus! I wonder what you could upcycling using everyday things that you would normally chuck away. I am going to try and turn a wooden pallet into a herb garden to plant and grow some herbs I can then use in my cooking. I will make sure I sent a before and after photo when it’d done!

Mrs Smith still has the note from Tayyeba and Halima which makes her smile.

I hope you are all still finding the time to be creative and showing kindness to others like you do towards us!

** Why not take on our challenge… How many of these things can you do this month (MAY)?***

These are just some ideas:

Keep going with the home learning, TT rockstars, education city and reading!

We look forward to seeing you all when we can!

Miss Haines and Mrs Smith